1. Add your design and bow tack down to your editing software. For this tutorial, I used Belliboos Flip Flop Alphabet E Applique.
I used Embrilliance to merge the applique and bow tack down.
2. I want one tack down stitch for each flip flop, so I copied and pasted the bow tack down so I have two. Then I move and rotate the tackdown stitches so they sit on top of the flip flop just as I want.
3. Now, it’s time to stitch out your design. I have completed the design and it’s time to add the bow tack down. Run the placement stitch for the bow. It’s a little hard to see in the photo below as I used white thread for the placement stitch.
4. Now, using scotch or masking tape, tape your ribbon just over the placement stitch (shown above). I like to tape both sides of the bow. Run tack down stitch. For this project, a pre-made bow you can find at most craft stores.
5. The design is now complete! Remove tape, un-hoop and enjoy!